Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

7/5/14

Missed Connection:

It was Saturday night and if I'm being completely honest, I had spent the entire day on my couch binge watching The Following.  I decided to meet a friend at the bar so I could at least say (without guilt) that I actually left my house that day.  I was still recovering from my last night out (7/3/14) so I was only drinking soda water.  This MUST be why I was so impervious to your unrivaled charm!  At least that's what I'm telling myself to escape that overwhelming feeling that my future husband might have walked out the door and out of my life forever.  I was outside on the patio when you approached.  "So like, are you a fan of Jim Carrey, or...what?"  I racked my brain for how you could possibly know that I DO in fact have both Ace Ventura: Pet Detective AND Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in my rather dated DVD collection!  You then gestured to my sweater.  It was green with blue polka dots.  A smarter woman's questions might have all been answered from your clear and insightful finger point, but I, as your intellectual inferior, was still bemused.  You quickly left without explaining yourself despite my protests for clarification.  I continue to grasp at straws in my vain attempts to unravel your enigmatic question.  I hope it is enough to impress you:

1.  The Mask.  His face is pretty green, after all.  You probably saw a similar hue in my sweater.  The connection there is all too obvious.  Something you are not, my Riddler.  Which brings me to:
2.  The Riddler from Batman.  I guess blue polka dots on a sweater can look like purple question marks on a full body spandex suit if you're drunk enough.  Unfortunately for both of us, I was not.
3.  The Grinch.  This one didn't even cross my mind until I started writing this!

Maybe Jim wore a green shirt in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?  There is really no way of knowing, but I plan on watching it later this evening to confirm.  The possibilities are rather endless.  This leads me to my final deduction (and I am rather embarrassed that you figured this out before I myself had the chance) that, yes!  I AM a Jim Carrey fan and that MUST be why I chose to wear that particular sweater!  I hear Dumb and Dumber 2 comes out later this year; what do you say?

Sincerely,

Jim Carrey's #1 fan

No comments:

Post a Comment